How does WebcamNow work?
WebcamNow provides free Internet audio, video chat services for personal use.
With WebcamNow Audio/Video Chat, live audio and video can be broadcast from almost any PC running almost any operating system including Windows, Mac and Linux with a camera or video capture device. An ID is all that's needed to get started immediately.
Flash Player 8 or newer required. To start WebcamNow Audio/Video Chat, please go to the WebcamNow home page and click Start.
What do I need to start broadcasting?
To begin broadcasting live video, you need:
After you start the WebcamNow Videochat you can select your cam, and choose to broadcast live.
- A webcam or video capture device connected to your computer and functioning properly.
Flash Camera Compatibility
- A WebcamNow ID, they're free and easy to make.
Join now, create an ID
Where can my broadcast be viewed?
All public broadcasts can be viewed:
- On the WebcamNow.com web site on the network you choose.
- On your personal WebcamNow.com home page that will be generated when you [create a new webcamnow ID] (i.e. http://webcamnow.com/yourID).
How much does it cost?
WebcamNow provides free services for those who wish to create live webcams, view live webcams and communicate through real-time chat. Additionally, WebcamNow provides premium, Speedster, services for those who wish to view the live cams at a faster rate. The faster video frame rate of the Speedster service uses considerably more bandwidth which is offset by the associated fee.
- Free Broadcasting - unlimited personal broadcasting from your own webcam.
- Free Viewing - unlimited viewing of live cams with real-time chat.
- Speedster Viewing - faster viewing of all live cams [more about Speedster service].
How do I change my ID name?
You cannot change your ID name. If you would like a different ID name, you must create a new one.
How can I find my password if I forgot it?
Please use the password lookup utility to have your password sent to you.
How do I know when Speedster is on?
A green frame will appear around the video box indicating that Speedster is active.
Broadband users will easily enjoy high speed, real time streaming video. Broadcasts can vary, try different cams and compare the speed. Broadcasts are limited by the Internet connection of the broadcaster.
How do I cancel Speedster?
It's easy to cancel your Speedster account.
To cancel Speedster, go to "Settings" located at webcamnow.com/mysettings. After login, click the button labeled "Speedster Settings" and select the option to cancel your account. You will be provided a receipt.